Sunday, September 22, 2013

Homemade apple pie using Hubers orchard apples

Last weekend we decided to visit Huber's Orchard in Starlight, IN for a few hours of family fun. We had a wonderful day and at the end we decided to take home a large bag of apples off the orchard. :) I had in mind making a lovely homemade apple pie! :) 

Since today is the first day of fall and I finally took a day off work I decided to make that pie! :) It came out amazing!!! And is one of the best tasting pies ever! I found my recipe online somewhere but I will put the directions below with a few pictures. :) Enjoy! :) 

I found the recipe! It's from allrecipes.com. :) 
Peel, core, and cut up your apples (7 of them)... Or if your kiddos are like mine you may need 8! Grant ate a full apple as I was cutting them up. Lol! 
Mix your sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt together... And start adding your apples... And mix! 
Put your first pie crust in the pie plate and later in your apples! Then dot your apples with butter before adding too crust. 
I found these adorable little pie crust cutters for $1.99 at Target and thought they were perfect for an apple pie! :) 


 
Please don't mind my dirty oven! Lol! I baked my pie at 425 for 10 minutes... Then turned down the heat to 300 for 50 minutes... The. Removed the crust saver and baked for 10 more minutes on 425! :) 


 
And here is my final pie and it tastes so good!!!! :) Enjoy!! :) 
 


 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment